Friday, March 13, 2009

Cookie Anyone?

So Evan, Zachary and I are in Target the other day strolling down the diaper isle. This is the first shopping trip that I've allowed Evan to walk with me and not stay in the cart with his brother. He promised me that he would stay with me and behave. In return for his good behavior I promised him a cookie at the end of our shopping trip. Evan is keenly aware that we are approaching the bakery area (where they give away free cookies). He has asked me several times when he will get his cookie. I assure him that it won't be long. Well, I guess Evan grew impatient with me while I was price checking the best deal on diapers. Evan turns to me and starts spitting brown stuff out of his mouth and says that his cookie is "gross". I'm thinking what cookie? I look down and see that he has picked up a pile of dirt (don't ask me what a pile of dirt is doing in the diaper isle) and put it in his mouth! Can you say icky, scary disease!? All I have in my bag are lemon scented antibacterial Wet Wipes. About three Wet Wipes later almost all of the "cookie" is out of his mouth and Evan's breath has a wonderful lemon aroma. Evan then asks if he can ride in the cart now and of course I answer with a resounding yes. We exit the diaper isle and make a beeline for the cookies before Evan can find anything else to put in his mouth.

I am happy to report that it has been several days since the eating of the dirt and Evan did not come down with any scary "floor cookie" disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment