Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation

We visited Mt. Sterling, Ohio this year for our family vacation and stayed at the Deer Creek Resort. We left on Evan's birthday so we spent our first evening celebrating, opening presents and eating cake (a chocolate WALL-E cake by request).


The next day we had a picnic on the beach and the boys experienced their first canoe ride with their Uncle Matt and Pop pop. I think they really enjoyed themselves. Zachary seemed so relaxed I thought he was going to take a nap right there in the canoe.




Evan and Zach also got their first fishing lesson from Pop pop. No one caught anything that day but they had fun trying.




At the park where we were fishing there was this really cool tree. I asked Evan to get inside the hole so that I could take a picture and I just loved this shot of him "emerging" from the tree.
We stayed at the lake for 3 days then my parents came back with us to Indiana and we topped off our vacation by heading to the state fair. We had a great time looking at all the animals and especially eating all the deep fried fair food.





Evan and Zachary both had their first pony ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment