Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Update

It was a very busy weekend here at the Lucas house. Jake spent the entire time working on building our deck. He has been working tirelessly the past few weeks digging holes, excavating, measuring, cutting, nailing...you get the picture. This weekend he finally seemed to make some headway and I can actually see the beginnings of a real deck as opposed to a hole in the ground. His dad was able to help out a lot, which was a godsend since I am not very handy around power tools. I stuck to wrangling the kids.

On Friday the boys and I went to Monkey Joe's with my dear friend Jenni and her two kids. Everyone had a blast as you can see...




I wish I could say that 2 hours of running, sliding, and bouncing wore them out but Zach skipped his nap entirely and still fought going to sleep at bedtime. I think all the excitement had the opposite effect on him!

While we were gone Jake worked and worked. This is what the deck looked like on Saturday afternoon. The posts had been set and Jake found two boulders while excavating that he had to dig out by hand.

I left Jake to his project and took the boys to the splash park to beat the 95 degree heat. Evan was being a goofball (as usual) and Zachary just loved running around in the water.


Here is what the deck looked like by the end of the day on Sunday. The boards aren't screwed on yet but you can tell they made great progress. Jake's goal is to have this done by next weekend... I will keep you posted!



1 comment:

  1. wow the deck is looking great! Monkey Joe's was so fun! let's go again!

    ReplyDelete