Monday, June 29, 2009

Personality

I love that my boys have such different personalities. It has been fun noticing all the differences between the two. Evan is sweet and sensitive, always wanting others to be happy. Just this morning on the way to school Zachary was very upset and crying because he wasn't getting his way. Evan tried to console him by holding his hand and singing to him in the back of the car. It was so sweet. Even when Zachary yelled at Evan for singing "his" song (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, which happens to be Zachary's favorite) Evan continued to try to make his brother smile without getting upset in return. I also love that when Evan wants to get your attention he will gently put his hand on your chin and direct your eyes to him so that he knows he has your full attention. He did this yesterday during the parade when he saw the firetrucks. He wanted me to see the huge smile on his face...precious!

Zachary on the other hand is a total fireball. Full of energy and attitude he loves to show off his kung-fu like moves. At dinner the other evening he was moody, quiet and visibly upset. When Jake and I asked him what was wrong he replied, "I'm just tired of this!". Jake and I were trying our hardest to hold in our laughter (we didn't want him to think that we didn't care about his feelings) but we were laughing so hard that tears were rolling out of our eyes and we were both hunched over at our seats. Zachary then turns on the sweetness and says "Don't cry guys!" He is totally unpredictable, a combination of fiery and sweet. You never know what your going to get.

They are changing daily and I am quickly noticing that "my babies" are not quite babies any more! They are adorable little boys with minds of their own and personalities to match. I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment